While dogs are always at the center of our work, staying true to our mission to help the most vulnerable *pets* in our region, Sacramento Shelter Pets Alive (SSPA) is now helping to save Stockton Animal Shelter kittens and rabbits in need!
Want to foster or adopt adorable bundles yourself?
Please note: We do all foster and adoption counseling via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Information on kittens and rabbits (please note that kittens must be kept separated from other animals in the home for 7-14 days):
➤ Check out more resources and information on kittens and rabbits.
Our foster care providers are volunteers who help provide pets much-needed breaks from the shelter. Foster homes come in all shapes and sizes, and there are as many reasons people choose to foster as there are pets in need of foster homes.
We need foster families to help our pets who have health issues, need a break from the shelter, or could use some work on their social or behavior skills before being adopted. No matter your lifestyle or current pets, we can help find the right match for your family.
Here are some of the basics:
- No experience necessary; support and training is provided.
- All supplies and medical care provided, so no expense falls on the foster provider.
- Length of foster commitment can vary from a few weeks to a few months, depending on the needs of the pet.
- Fostering once does not commit you to fostering more in the future, but once you try it, we bet you’ll be hooked!
- It’s OK if you work full time; many pets just need a safe, quiet place to stay!