I’m in foster. Submit an application to start the online adoption counseling process.
Please read the info below before applying to adopt!
- Animal ID#: A229806
- Dog Name: Froggie
- Dog Sex: Spayed Female
- Approximate Age: 9 years
- This is one beyond-precious little low rider. She was heartbroken in the shelter wondering why she was there as her family gave her up. This gentle, mannerly and soft girl seems to have not experienced very much kindness as she is very submissive with people, cowering and pancaking when you go to pet her. She’s slowly learning people are kind and that we offer love. She participates in shelter playgroups with gentle and dainty dogs. She’s a marshmallow who wants to please. We can’t wait to see this girl thriving with a loving family!
- Children info: I am in a foster home with children aged 10+. My. foster mom says I am “Great, very sweet and gentle.”
- Leash/walking: Walks well, needs reminders to check in with handler
Working on loose leash walk and check-in reminders
- In Home info: Crate trained
Never, ever goes potty inside the house. Always walks towards back door if she needs a potty break.
- Energy Level: Active, it is important to meet my physical needs daily
She’s used to an early morning potty break around the corner, afternoon and evening walks.
- About me according to my foster mom: I am treat motivated and I know sit! My personality is sweet, gentle, and mellow. I loves car rides so much that it’s hard to get me out of the vehicle when the ride is over.
- Important info for potential adopters: I enjoy playing with gentle dogs. I do not like overly pushy in your face dog friends. I can pull on leash but I am eager to learn and treats are a very powerful negotiation tool!
- Ideal adopters for Froggie: A family who will let her know how loved she is and make her feel secure that she will be with them forever. She never wants to see another shelter kennel again. Roadtrips? She’s in! Froggie wants to go everywhere with you!
Submit an application to start the online adoption counseling process or to find out more about Froggie.
The shelter’s kennels are loud, stressful places for dogs. Some dogs express that stress by exhibiting behavior inside a kennel that they will not show otherwise. Please ask to take the dog you are interested into a play yard and spend some time getting to know him or her in that more relaxed environment. For more information on meeting dogs at the shelter, please read this article.
Ask About Our Adoption Counseling!
Not ready to adopt?
Won’t you please help by sharing us with your friends, family and followers?
#sspa #findlove #alldogsmatter #sactown #foster #adoptdontshop #donate #sacramento #stockton #norcal